The most common reason why Govee LED lights stop working is a faulty power supply or a loose connection. Sometimes, the LED strip may also be defective or damaged. In this article, we will explain how to troubleshoot and fix your Govee LED lights in a few simple steps.
What are Govee LED lights?
Govee LED lights are smart lighting products that allow you to customize the color, brightness, and pattern of your lights using a remote control, an app, or voice commands. They are easy to install and use, and can create various effects and moods for your home, office, or party.
Govee LED lights come in different types and sizes, such as LED strips, LED bulbs, LED candles, and LED lamps. They can be synced with music, timers, or scenes, and can be controlled by Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri. They are also energy-efficient and eco-friendly, as they consume less power and last longer than traditional lights.
How to troubleshoot Govee LED lights?
If your Govee LED lights stop working, don’t panic. There are some simple ways to check and fix the problem. Here are some possible causes and solutions:
- Faulty power supply: The power supply is the device that converts the AC power from the wall outlet to the DC power that the LED lights need. If the power supply is faulty, it may not provide enough voltage or current to the LED lights, causing them to malfunction or not turn on at all. To test the power supply, you can use a multimeter to measure the output voltage and current, and compare them with the specifications of your LED lights. If the power supply is defective, you need to replace it with a compatible one.
- Loose connection: The connection between the power supply and the LED strip, or between the LED strip and the controller, may become loose over time or due to movement or vibration. This can result in flickering, dimming, or no light at all. To fix the connection, you need to make sure that the wires are securely plugged into the terminals, and that the terminals are not corroded or damaged. You can also use electrical tape or solder to reinforce the connection.
- Defective LED strip: The LED strip is the flexible circuit board that contains the LED chips and resistors. If the LED strip is defective, it may have some dead or burnt-out LEDs, or some broken or short-circuited traces. This can affect the performance and appearance of the LED lights, such as uneven brightness, color, or pattern. To check the LED strip, you can use a multimeter to measure the resistance and continuity of each segment, and look for any visible signs of damage. If the LED strip is faulty, you need to replace it with a new one.
How to fix Govee LED lights?
If you have identified the cause of the problem, you can proceed to fix your Govee LED lights. Here are some general steps to follow:
- Turn off the power: Before you start working on your LED lights, make sure to turn off the power supply and unplug it from the wall outlet. This will prevent any electric shock or fire hazard.
- Remove the LED lights: Carefully peel off the LED strip from the surface where it is attached, or unscrew the LED bulb from the socket, or detach the LED lamp from the base. Be gentle and avoid bending or twisting the LED lights, as this may damage them further.
- Replace the faulty part: Depending on the problem, you may need to replace the power supply, the controller, or the LED strip. Make sure to use the same or compatible model and specifications as the original one. Follow the instructions that came with your LED lights, or consult the Govee website or customer service for guidance.
- Reinstall the LED lights: After you have replaced the faulty part, you can reinstall the LED lights to their original position. Make sure to align the connectors and wires correctly, and secure them firmly. You can also use some adhesive or clips to hold the LED strip in place, or screw the LED bulb into the socket, or attach the LED lamp to the base.
- Turn on the power: Plug the power supply back into the wall outlet, and turn on the switch. Check if your LED lights are working properly, and enjoy the colorful and smart lighting.
Govee LED lights are a great way to enhance the ambiance and functionality of your space. However, they may stop working due to various reasons, such as a faulty power supply, a loose connection, or a defective LED strip. Fortunately, you can troubleshoot and fix your Govee LED lights by following some simple steps and using some basic tools. If you need more help, you can always contact Govee customer service or visit their website for more information and support.