The best microwave for home depends on your needs, preferences, and budget. However, based on our research and analysis, we recommend the Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor as the best overall choice. This microwave offers stellar performance, versatility, and value for money. It has a built-in sensor that automatically adjusts the cooking time and power level based on the humidity level of the food, ensuring even and optimal heating. It also has 10 power settings, a large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, a 12.4-inch turntable, and a sleek black stainless steel design.
In this article, we will explain why we chose the Toshiba EM131A5C-BS as the best microwave for home, and how it compares to other top-rated models in the market. We will also provide some tips on how to choose the right microwave for your home, and what features to look for. By the end of this article, you will have a better idea of which microwave suits your needs and budget.
How We Chose the Best Microwave for Home
To choose the best microwave for home, we followed a rigorous and objective process that involved the following steps:
- We searched the web for the most popular and reputable sources of microwave reviews, such as Consumer Reports, Forbes, Trusted Reviews, Real Homes, and Better Homes and Garden. We also consulted microwave experts, such as Steph Chen, founder of microwave-safe cooking line Anyday.
- We compiled a list of 26 microwaves that received high ratings and positive feedback from these sources and experts. We considered microwaves of different types, sizes, features, and prices, to cover a wide range of options for different consumers.
- We evaluated each microwave based on the following criteria: size, features, heating/effectiveness, value, design, ease of use, reliability, and customer satisfaction. We used both quantitative and qualitative data from the sources and experts, as well as our own analysis and judgment.
- We ranked the microwaves based on their overall scores, and selected the top six models that stood out in each category. We also identified the best microwave overall, based on the highest score and the most balanced performance across all criteria.
Why We Recommend the Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor
The Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven (Check Discounted Price Now) with Smart Sensor is our top pick for the best microwave for home, because it offers the best combination of performance, versatility, and value for money. Here are some of the reasons why we recommend this microwave:
- It has a built-in smart sensor that automatically detects the humidity level of the food and adjusts the cooking time and power level accordingly. This ensures even and optimal heating, without overcooking or undercooking the food. It also eliminates the need for guesswork and manual settings, making it easy and convenient to use.
- It has 10 power settings, ranging from 1100 watts to 200 watts, that allow you to customize the cooking intensity for different types of food and dishes. You can also choose from 12 preset menu options, such as popcorn, pizza, potato, vegetable, and more, for quick and easy cooking.
- It has a large 1.2 cubic feet capacity, which can accommodate large plates, bowls, and dishes. It also has a 12.4-inch turntable, which can rotate and fit most cookware. This makes it ideal for families and households that need to cook large portions or multiple items at once.
- It has a sleek and modern black stainless steel design, which adds a touch of elegance and style to any kitchen. It also has a large digital display, a bright interior light, and a sound on/off option, which enhance the user experience and convenience. It also has a child safety lock, which prevents accidental operation by children.
- It has a reasonable price, compared to other microwaves with similar features and performance. It also has a high rating for reliability and customer satisfaction, based on our research and analysis. It has a one-year limited warranty, which covers any defects or malfunctions.
How It Compares to Other Top-Rated Microwaves
The Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Countertop Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor is not the only microwave that received high ratings and positive feedback from our sources and experts. Here are some of the other top-rated microwaves that we considered, and how they compare to our top pick:
- LG NeoChef Microwave: (Check Discounted Price Now) This microwave is our runner-up for the best microwave for home, because it also has a smart sensor, 10 power settings, a large capacity, and a sleek design. However, it is more expensive than the Toshiba microwave, and it has a lower rating for heating evenness and defrosting.
- Hamilton Beach Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave Oven: (Check Discounted Price Now) This microwave is our best budget pick, because it offers decent performance, features, and design for a low price. However, it does not have a smart sensor, and it has a smaller capacity and a lower power level than the Toshiba microwave. It also has a lower rating for reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Breville Smooth Wave Microwave: (Check Discounted Price Now) This microwave is our best countertop pick, because it has a smooth and elegant design, a quiet operation, and a smart sensor that can detect the weight and size of the food. However, it is the most expensive microwave on our list, and it has a lower rating for heating evenness and defrosting than the Toshiba microwave.
- Panasonic NN-CS89LBBPQ: This microwave is our best convection pick, because it has a convection oven, an air fryer, and a grill function, in addition to a microwave function. It can cook, bake, roast, fry, and grill various types of food and dishes, making it very versatile and multifunctional. However, it is also very expensive, and it has a complex and bulky design, which may not suit every kitchen and user.
How to Choose the Right Microwave for Your Home
The best microwave for home depends on your needs, preferences, and budget. There is no one-size-fits-all solution, as different microwaves have different strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of the factors that you should consider when choosing the right microwave for your home:
- Type: There are three main types of microwaves: countertop, over-the-range, and built-in. Countertop microwaves are the most common and affordable type, and they can be placed on any flat surface. Over-the-range microwaves are installed above the stove, and they usually have a ventilation system and a light. Built-in microwaves are integrated into the cabinetry or wall, and they usually have a sleek and seamless design. The type of microwave that you choose depends on your kitchen space, layout, and style.
- Size: The size of the microwave determines how much food and cookware it can fit and heat. The size of the microwave is measured by its capacity, which is the volume of the interior, and its turntable, which is the diameter of the rotating plate. The capacity of microwaves ranges from 0.5 to 2.2 cubic feet, and the turntable ranges from 10 to 16 inches. The size of the microwave that you choose depends on your cooking needs, preferences, and household size.
- Power: The power of the microwave determines how fast and how well it can heat the food. The power of the microwave is measured by its wattage, which is the amount of electricity that it consumes. The wattage of microwaves ranges from 600 to 1200 watts, with higher wattage indicating higher power. The power of the microwave that you choose depends on your cooking habits, expectations, and energy consumption.
- Features: The features of the microwave determine how versatile and convenient it is to use. Some of the common features of microwaves are: smart sensor, which automatically adjusts the cooking time and power level based on the humidity level of the food; preset menu, which offers pre-programmed settings for common foods and dishes; power settings, which allow you to customize the cooking intensity for different types of food and dishes; defrost, which allows you to thaw frozen food quickly and safely; and convection, which allows you to bake, roast, and crisp food using hot air circulation. The features of the microwave that you choose depend on your cooking needs, preferences, and budget.
Choosing the best microwave for home can be a daunting task, as there are many options and factors to consider. However, by following our guide and recommendations, you can narrow down your choices and find the microwave that suits your needs and budget. We hope that this article has helped you in your search for the best microwave for home, and that you enjoy using your new microwave. Happy cooking!