The answer is: it depends. The fee to cancel ADT depends on several factors, such as the type of contract, the length of the contract, the reason for cancellation, and the amount of time left on the contract. In this article, we will explain how these factors affect the cancellation fee and provide some tips on how to avoid or reduce it.
Type of Contract
ADT offers two types of contracts: traditional and EasyPay. A traditional contract requires a one-time installation fee and a monthly monitoring fee. An EasyPay contract includes the installation fee in the monthly payment and requires a minimum commitment of 36 months.
If you have a traditional contract, you can cancel ADT at any time without a fee, as long as you give 30 days’ notice. However, if you have an EasyPay contract, you will have to pay a cancellation fee if you cancel before the end of the 36-month term.
Length of Contract
The length of the contract also affects the cancellation fee. ADT offers contracts ranging from 12 to 60 months, depending on the service and equipment you choose. The longer the contract, the higher the cancellation fee.
The cancellation fee for an EasyPay contract is calculated as 75% of the remaining balance on the contract. For example, if you have 12 months left on a 36-month contract and your monthly payment is $50, your cancellation fee would be 75% of ($50 x 12) = $450.
Reason for Cancellation
The reason for cancellation may also influence the cancellation fee. ADT allows customers to cancel their service without a fee in certain situations, such as:
- Moving to a new home that is not compatible with ADT equipment or service
- Experiencing a significant change in financial circumstances, such as bankruptcy or unemployment
- Being dissatisfied with the service or equipment within the first six months of the contract
In these cases, you will need to provide proof of your situation, such as a copy of your new lease, a letter from your employer, or a statement from ADT customer service. You will also need to return any equipment that you received from ADT .
Time Left on Contract
The amount of time left on your contract may also affect the cancellation fee. If you are close to the end of your contract, you may be able to negotiate a lower fee or waive it altogether. ADT may also offer you incentives to stay with them, such as discounts, upgrades, or extensions.
If you are not close to the end of your contract, you may still be able to reduce the cancellation fee by transferring your service to someone else, such as a friend, family member, or new homeowner. This way, you can avoid paying the fee and help someone else get a good deal on ADT service.
Tips to Avoid or Reduce the Cancellation Fee
Here are some tips to help you avoid or reduce the cancellation fee when you want to cancel ADT:
- Read the fine print of your contract carefully before signing it. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions, especially the cancellation policy and the fees involved.
- Compare different plans and options before choosing one. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget, and avoid signing a long-term contract if you are not sure about your commitment.
- Contact ADT customer service as soon as possible if you want to cancel. Explain your situation and ask for a cancellation fee waiver or reduction. Be polite and respectful, but firm and persistent. You may need to escalate your request to a supervisor or manager if the first representative is not helpful.
- Provide any documentation or evidence that supports your reason for cancellation. This may include a copy of your new lease, a letter from your employer, a statement from ADT customer service, or anything else that proves your situation.
- Return any equipment that you received from ADT in good condition and within the specified time frame. You may have to pay a fee if you damage or lose the equipment, or if you fail to return it on time.
- Consider transferring your service to someone else if you cannot cancel without a fee. You may be able to find someone who is interested in taking over your contract, such as a friend, family member, or new homeowner. You will need to contact ADT customer service and get their approval for the transfer.
The fee to cancel ADT depends on several factors, such as the type of contract, the length of the contract, the reason for cancellation, and the amount of time left on the contract. The fee can range from zero to hundreds of dollars, depending on your situation. To avoid or reduce the fee, you should read your contract carefully, contact ADT customer service, provide proof of your situation, return the equipment, and consider transferring your service.
We hope this article has helped you understand the fee to cancel ADT and how to avoid or reduce it. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Thank you for reading!