To reset the TP Link light strip, you need to press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the light strip flashes red and green. Then, you can use the Kasa app to reconnect the light strip to your Wi-Fi network. This article will explain why you might need to reset the light strip, how to do it step by step, and what to do if the reset fails.
Why do you need to reset the TP Link light strip?
The TP Link light strip is a smart device that allows you to control the color, brightness, and schedule of your lighting from your smartphone or voice assistant. It connects to your Wi-Fi network and works with the Kasa app, which lets you customize your lighting scenes, set timers, and sync with other TP Link smart devices.
However, sometimes the light strip may encounter some issues, such as:
- Not responding to the app or voice commands
- Showing the wrong color or brightness
- Flickering or blinking randomly
- Losing connection to the Wi-Fi network
- Not updating the firmware
These issues can be caused by various factors, such as:
- Interference from other devices or appliances
- Changes in the Wi-Fi settings or password
- Power outages or surges
- Software bugs or glitches
If you experience any of these issues, you may need to reset the light strip to restore its normal function and reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network.
How to reset the TP Link light strip step by step?
Resetting the TP Link light strip is a simple process that only takes a few minutes. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Make sure the light strip is plugged in and powered on.
- Locate the power button on the controller, which is a small white box attached to the light strip.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until the light strip flashes red and green alternately. This indicates that the light strip has been reset to its factory settings and is ready to be paired with the app again.
- Open the Kasa app on your smartphone and tap the “+” icon on the top right corner to add a new device.
- Select “Lighting (Wi-Fi)” from the list of device types and then choose “KL430 Light Strip” as the model.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect the light strip to your Wi-Fi network. You may need to enter your Wi-Fi password and scan the QR code on the controller.
- Once the light strip is connected, you can rename it, assign it to a room, and customize its settings as you wish.
What to do if the reset fails?
If the reset does not work or the light strip still has issues after the reset, you can try some troubleshooting tips, such as:
- Check the power supply and make sure the light strip is not damaged or loose.
- Move the light strip closer to the router or use a Wi-Fi extender to improve the signal strength.
- Update the Kasa app and the light strip firmware to the latest version.
- Contact TP Link customer support or visit their website for more help.
The TP Link light strip is a smart device that can enhance your home lighting with various colors and effects. However, if you encounter any problems with the light strip, you can reset it by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds and then reconnecting it to the Kasa app. This article has shown you how to do that and what to do if the reset fails. We hope this article has been helpful and informative for you.